Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Can't Find it? Search Above!
Please see the center panel
for our featured Table of Contents
MHMS Main Website
MHMS Learning Wiki
MHMS Daily Schedule
MHMS Library Media Schedule
The Daring School Library Mission
The Daring School Library Edublog
Murray Hill PD Wiki
The Daring Librarian Presents
Awards N Stuff!
We <3 Our Visitors
Live Traffic Stats
Gwyneth Jones - The Daring Librarian Portfolio
School Library Websites
Bonnie Branch Media Wiki
weblogs in school**s**
Free Wikispaces for Teachers
Get your own! BEST First step to a lasting positive web presence!
What to Do When Your Laptop has been Stolen
So you left your car doors unlocked with your laptop on the backseat. What do you do now?
Stolen equipment may be replaced provided there is evidence of forcible entry.
1. Notify the school administrator in charge of Buildings and Grounds.
2. Report the break-in to the police. All equipment serial numbers are to be registered with the police at that time. Missing items and theft reports may also be filed online:
(scroll down to the bottom of the page)
3. Procure a police file number from the investigating officer.
4. Complete a Report of Property Destruction, Theft, and Fire Damage (available through the Safety, Environment,
and Risk Management Office 410-313-6824 or Ron Miller at 6839.
Report of Property Destruction, Theft and Fire Damage - Available from the school secretary or the School Security office (410-313-7329))
5. Send a copy of the Report of Property Destruction, Theft, and Fire Damage to the Safety, Environment, and Risk Management Office.
If the theft involves repair of property, the school should notify Building Services for repairs to building.6. Contact the Safety, Environment, and Risk Management Office to determine if replacement funds are available.
Pilfered equipment refers to equipment that is missing, but not as a result of a break-in. When equipment is listed as missing at the end of the school year, it is acceptable to wait until September to report the missing equipment to the police. Often, equipment will turn up at the beginning of the new school year. The purpose of replacing pilfered equipment is to replace those missing items which may not turn up in September, not to replace 40 or 50 items at one time which have been lost through poor management and/or lack of inventory control over a period of more than one school year.
Upon knowledge that the equipment is missing and finding no reason to believe that school staff or students have borrowed the equipment, the following is to be done:
1. Report the missing equipment to the police. All equipment serial numbers are to be registered with the police at the time.
2. Procure a police file number from the investigating officer.
3. Complete a Report of Property Destruction, Theft, and Fire Damage. See appendix for sample.
4. Send a copy of the Report of Property Destruction, Theft, and Fire Damage to the Safety, Environment, and Risk Management Office.
5. Contact the Safety, Environment, and Risk Management Office to determine if replacement funds are available.
Missing Instructional AV Equipment and Computers
The procedure for replacing stolen or pilfered equipment is to be followed. All missing equipment will be carried on the inventory for two (2) years. Missing equipment will be noted in the “Comments” column of the Central Inventory Database.
Equipment Vandalized or Lost by Students
Students will be responsible for equipment vandalized or lost while in their possession. Lost equipment is considered pilfered equipment.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"